Saturday, March 8, 2014

The Fire's Glow.

Just a quick update as I sit next to my roaring fireplace on this snowy and cold March evening.

My daughter seems to be in a holding pattern right now. I have finally agreed for a psychiatric consult for her to go on an anti-depressant. I was nervous about making the appointment because I thought she might be drug-seeking (stimulants and benzos) but she insists she just is looking for help with anxiety and depression. I was hoping to stay away from this treatment as I think her brain still needs to heal from all the drugs she took, but perhaps this will help. 

I am in the midst of a major master bath and bedroom remodel and it is much more stressful than I had anticipated making decisions about tubs, and medicine cabinets, and floor tiles and paint. I have never updated these spaces as I chose to concentrate on my children's rooms and other bath first. It's going to be a nice change and I am looking forward to its completion in about three week's time.

My eldest son has a lead role in his final semester of college as a theatre performance major. I am looking forward to attending most of his ten performances, accompanied by various friends and family members.

My youngest son seems happy in his first year away at college. I am thrilled for him that he has some peace. He actually finished high school in three years so he could get away from the chaos.

I have been going to the gym every other day for about six to eight weeks. I ride the bike, do some balancing exercises, free weights and some machines. After being in PT off and on for the better part of five years it feels good to be doing some independent working out. My PT actually said it just may be possible for me to ski again which would be nothing short of miraculous. We'll see.

This post is boring to me and probably boring to you, but sometimes a little boring can be a very good thing.

I just hope it's not the calm before the storm.


If Ever I Would Leave You. Robert Goulet.

1 comment:

  1. I think the anti-depressants give our girls a ledge to stand on to catch their breath and get their bearings as they begin to try to navigate life without self medicating and escaping whatever is uncomfortable to them. I know the ambivalence I felt about medicating my then child.....now I am so very grateful that there are medications that can address the severe major depression and anxiety that plagues her.

    ReplyDelete